UK Professional Immigration Assistance Epicentre
Welcome to


What is an overseas government employee?

An overseas government employee is a person coming to the United Kingdom for employment by:
  • an overseas government
  • a United Nations organisation; or
  • other international organisation of which the UK is a member.
How do I qualify to come to the United Kingdom as an overseas government employee?

You must show that:
  • you have a valid UK entry clearance or evidence of your status as an overseas government employee
  • you intend to work full time for the government or organisation concerned
  • you have enough money to live in the UK without working or help from public funds
  • you do not intend to take any other employment.
Do I need entry clearance?

You need entry clearance if you are a visa national.

If I am already in the UK, can I apply to switch into this category?

You cannot switch into this category.

How long can I stay in the United Kingdom as an overseas government employee?

We will give you permission to stay for 12 months at first. Towards the end of that period, if you intend to remain as an overseas government employee, you should apply for permission to stay longer.
You maybe granted further extension of your stay in the UK for up to 4 years.

How do I qualify for permanent residence?

You can apply for permanent residence if you meet these conditions:
  • you have spent 5 years continuously as an overseas government employee
  • you still work full time as an overseas government employee and plan to continue
  • you have lived in the UK without help from public funds.
Can my family accompany me to the UK?

Your husband or wife and dependent children can accompany you provided they obtain an entry clearance.

What we can do for you

As British lawyers, we will do our best and even go that extra mile for you. We can help you with the necessary paperwork that will be needed to ensure that your application meets the Immigration requirements.

Please expect us to do the following for you, when you instruct us to represent you or a member of your family:
  • Full and professional assessment of your case
  • Advice on whether you should consider a different immigration programme or category
  • Strong and weak points of your application
  • Advice on correct list of documents
  • Advice on evidence required
  • Instructing your sponsor, relative, employer or college (if required)
  • Final check of your documents before submission to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Creating a professionally looking paginated immigration bundle
  • Drafting representations and cover letters to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Working with interpreters (if required)
  • Submission your application to the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Correspondence with the Home Office/British Diplomatic Post
  • Keeping you updated by post, E-mail or phone on the progress of your application
  • If something goes wrong : requesting a review or reconsideration
  • Any further in-country/out-of-country immigration assistance 
The above options are not exhaustive as we treat every client's case individually. Please do not hesitate to book a phone, Skype or office consultation with us for a professional immigration advice and possible further representation before the UK Border Agency or the First Tier or Upper Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) (FTT/UTT IAC).

We offer same day/instant Skype or phone consulations.

You can book your initial Skype or phone consultation with us via the following link: Legal Centre Skype or Phone Consultations