UK Professional Immigration Assistance Epicentre
+44 (0) 7791145923
Skype WhatsApp Viber IMO
+44 (0) 330 001 0342
Welcome to

Under certain circumstances it may be possible for UK visa extensions to be granted for different UK visa categories. The rules applicable to UK visa extensions vary depending on the UK visa category.

How long can I stay in the UK if my visa is extended?

The duration of the UK visa extension is dependent on the type of UK visa category. In many instances where a person has entered a country after the UK visa start date, a UK visa extension may be granted to allow the person the full time period of the UK visa category. An example of a UK visa class where this might apply could be a Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 etc visas.

Types of visas

Many categories of UK visas will not be eligible for an extension or may need a new UK visa to be issued in its place. Visitor visas or Student Visitor visas, for examples, are unlikely to be extended.

Ways to extend a visa

You can have your visa extended by post with consideration times being from a few weeks to a few months or via the so-called same day service/fast track visa service, when your visa application may be considered within a few hours on the day of your application.

Applications for settlement or extension of stay via the Same Day Representative Service/Fast Track Visa/PEO Premium Service applications

Application form types (there are some exceptions - see below): FLR(M), FLR(O), SET(M), SET(O), SET(F), Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4, Tier 5, PBS, EEA1, EEA2, BR1, TOC, NTL

We are normally able to assist you with extension of your stay (visa extension) applications, variation of your stay (switching a visa category) applications, Settlement (Permanent Residence/Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)) applications and some other applications on the same day/fast track/PEO premium service bases, as follows:

General types of applications:
  • Husband, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner
  • Children (only if the child entered the UK with the correct entry clearance)
  • UK ancestry
  • Visitor (for medical visitors, academic visitors and parents accompanying children under 12 years of age who are receiving private education in the UK)
EEA (European Union citizens) applications

Applications for registration certificates - European citizens

Specific types of applications
  • Domestic worker in a private household
  • offshore worker
  • Work permit applications
Points-based system (PBS) applications
  • Tier 1 (Post-study work)
  • Tier 1 (General) - for highly skilled migrants
  • Tier 2 (General) - for skilled workers
  • Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)
  • Tier 2 (Minister of religion)
  • Tier 2 (Sportsperson)
  • Tier 4 (General) - for adult students
  • Tier 4 (Child)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker - creative and sporting)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker - charity worker)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker - religious worker)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker - government authorized exchange)
  • Tier 5 (Temporary worker - international agreement)
  • Dependents of migrants who have permission to stay under the points-based system - form PBS (Dependent)
  • Transfer of conditions for migrants with limited or indefinite leave to remain
Medical studies application
  • Postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • Professional and Linguistic Assessments Board (PLAB) test
  • Clinical attachment
Government and military applications
  • Armed forces
  • Armed forces indefinite leave to remain following discharge
  • Armed forces dependents
  • Civilian employee of armed forces (civilian component)
  • Forces recruitment
Please note that the following types of applications cannot be lodged for the same day visa service consideration and have to be lodged by post instead:
  • a person who has been given discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection;
  • a person with a poor immigration history;
  • applying for permanent residence on the basis of 10 or 14 years' residence;
  • applying for an extension of your visa on the highly skilled migrant programme;
  • a business person, innovator, sole representative or investor;
  • a seaman;
  • a Gurkha; or
  • an elderly dependent 
The above options are not exhaustive as we treat every client's case individually. Please do not hesitate to book a phone, Skype or office consultation with us for a professional immigration advice and possible further representation before the UK Border Agency or the First Tier or Upper Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) (FTT/UTT IAC).

We are here to help: , 077 911 45 923 (Mob/Viber/WhatsApp), 0330 001 0342 and, of course, the helpful instant and same day Legal Centre Skype, Phone, Viber and WhatsApp Consultations